Last modified: 7 October 2009
When you sign up for a service provided by Sumdog Ltd we may ask for personal information about you, such as your name, your job and email address. By entering these details accurately it enables Sumdog Ltd to provide the best possible service.
Most of your information is stored on our servers, however Sumdog Ltd also uses small files (such as cookies and licence files) to store some information on your computer. This reduces the amount of form filling required each time you use our websites or software.
With certain services we also look at your IP address and other data that identifies your computer and country. We use this to personalise your user experience for a particular country and to detect illegal use of our software. This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you.
We keep the emails you send to us about queries you may have. We do this so we can track the quality of our service.
Sumdog Ltd will use your personal information as follows:
- to provide you with information in order to help you use one of our services, such as sending you an email notifying you of the end of a service trial period;
- to personalise our services for you, such as by setting the default subject to mathematics for mathematics teachers;
- to provide you with your licensing information.
- to identify breaches of our licensing terms, so in the worst cases of abuse we may take action against illegal use. This helps maintain lower prices for our law-abiding customers;
- to request feedback from you about our services so that we may improve the service; and
- to inform you of other & upgraded services that may be of use to you. If you do not wish to receive this information you may opt out.
Where Sumdog Ltd uses your personal information for any other uses we will seek your permission prior to doing so.
If you are aged under 18, please get your parent or guardian's permission before providing us with personal information. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Generally, we will keep your information confidential except:
- where disclosure is required by law;
- there has been a clear breach of our licensing terms. In this case we may share information with our partners, lawyers and/or law enforcement agencies in the relevant country;
- when you have made a sales enquiry or joined the Leader in Technology initiative from a country where we have a partner. In this case we may forward your enquiry; or
- when you have provided explicit permission to pass your information to a third party.
In addition, we share statistics derived from collected information with our partners worldwide. The statistics do not enable our partners to identify you.
If you post offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content on our websites, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where we believe that you are or may be in breach of any law, we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school, e-mail/internet provider or law enforcement agencies.
Under the Data Protection Act in the UK you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
Please send requests by post to the Data Protection Manager at the address below.
If you have any query regarding this policy please write to:
Data Protection Manager, Crocodile Clips Limited, 43 Queensferry Street Lane, Edinburgh, EH2 4PF, Scotland.